We took some time out of our schedule on Wednesday to go to NYC, and what an adventure it was! After circling Union Station for about 15 minutes we finally found the parking deck. We missed our train departure but fortunately there was another train to NY that we were able to catch. Once we got to the city we grabbed some quick lunch (aka a $12 burrito from Chipotle--so overpriced!) and then made our way to broadway to see Jersey Boys. The show will change your life, I'm now obsessed.
Afterwards we had some time to walk around Times Square, take pictures and be touristy then went to dinner at the Stardust Diner. This place was so great all of the wait staff sings the whole time and most of them go on to be in broadway shows. It was highly entertaining and we were also able to get the "Everything but the kitchen sink" ice cream Sunday....so huge! Four of us ha it and still barely finished. We traveled back to DC and then Woodstock that night so it was quite the excursion.
The rest of the week was spent in many meetings and some downtime relaxing in our new lounge at the Walton House that came together so nicely! We spent last night chatting in our bunk beds on the third floor and I can't believe that the next time we'll all be together will be our last week in the job. Time has flown and I am so lucky to have met such an amazing group of co-workers, sisters and most importantly friends. I always knew I really wanted to reach out and get to know Sigma's from other chapters across the country, never would I have imagined I would have made best friends in these women.
Today Morgan and I made the journey down to High Point University in NC. It was interesting as it started with Michele taking us both to the Shenandoah Regional Airport to retrieve our rental car. Upon calling the Budget office to get exact directions we find that the office closes at 2pm. This is at approximately 1:45pm when we have an ETA of 2:30pm. After much crisis management planning and and quick thinking we call back the guy and bribe him with $20 and beg him to stay just another half hour. With my charms & wit, of course he agreed. Upon arriving at the "airport" we find the guy at the Budget counter to actually be a Candice with a really deep voice...awkward. Thankfully we handled the situation gracefully knowing we would never have to see this person again. She didn't take our $20 bribe and yet again I was able to sweet talk my way into exactly what I needed.
After checking into the hotel in High Point we went to campus to go in and see some of the other chapters in their formal recruitment process. Kappa Delta graciously allowed us to come and view their preference party to get a sneak peek into sorority life here at High Point. Their ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and we were also able to meet the Greek Advisor. We did a driving tour of the campus afterwards, and it is absolutely breathtaking!! I thought UNCW was gorgeous, this is like our campus on steroids. I can't wait to take pictures and explore some more.
I introduced Morgan (from Illinois) to Cookout tonight and am excited to also have her venture around to Bojangles & Biscuitville! It's so nice to be back in North Carolina and it feels a little bit like being back home. While I've never even been here the places we're around are familiar and I'm very excited to see some alumnae from my chapter to help with interviews here next week. We've spent tonight vegging out in front of Jersey Shore before a crazy week ahead. The sororities here have Bid Day tomorrow and we start our PR for our recruitment at the end of the week.
I'll be here until January 28, if you'd like send me something nice at:
Anna Todaro
2860 N. Main Street
High Point, NC 27365
Until next time,
xoxo Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment