Thursday, February 25, 2010

Yes I'm going to blugeon you with my tennis shoe

So I've been up for an hour and a half and am starting the first of many journey's for my Spring Break! Funny how I'm going to be traveling and busy almost every second of my time off, as is life!

I'm currently waiting at the Flint/Bishop airport to leave through one of the sketchiest gates I've seen yet. Some of the gates here are legit--but not Continental, we just have a shady little podium in the back corner. It was snowing quite hard when we drove here but thankfully it has subsided for the most part now and so far (knock on wood, crossing my fingers & toes) everything is on time to arrive in Baltimore at 9:47am (precisely 47 after!)

************************************************
Now this is where I stopped. Why you ask? Because I had to get on the plane early so it could be "de-iced" and covered in orange goo for approximately 15 minutes before takeoff. Talking with my new friend about Blogs I had an "ah-ha" moment that I left this poor post saved as a draft.
So now shall we pick up where I left off?
************************************************

For some reason security at the Flint/Bishop airport was one of the most annoying ones I've gone through yet. Everything, yes, everything had to be in it's own plastic container to go through the x-ray. No, my shoes could not sit on top of my laptop while going through the x-ray. Yes, I had to take off my headband. Is this a joke? I mean yea yea I'm glad you're careful so there aren't any crazies getting on my plane but for reals? In the city with the third highest crime rates per capita the little quiet sorority girl in her pink & orange Nike's is not going to cause you any problems.

Of course we were the first flight of the day on this plane and it was approximately 5* while we waited on the runway. Luckily there was some body heat...
I'm walking on the plane my ticket says seat 9C.
I look to the right side, the row has A & B seats.
I look to the left side, the row has D & E seats.
I think to myself hmm, I better have a seat on this flight.
That's when I spotted it. The back row. Like the back row of a city bus there were five seats's across the back of the plane. And the middle one, seat C, was empty just for me.

Sat on a tiny little plane (the worst) next to an obnoxious woman who wouldn't stop talking to me and didn't pick up on the clues when I started listening to my iPod and reading my book, and had to endure some fun turbulence through the snow storm. Luckily though, safely landed in Cleveland and only had a few minutes there before boarding to Baltimore.

Now I always have the luck of flying on small planes. On small planes the only thing that can fit in the overhead bin is a lunch box. However the flight attendants tried to pressure me into attempting to shove my large Vera Bradley duffle in there. After 5 failed attempts I gave her an "I told you so," look at gave it to her to be checked plane side. Word of the wise, when it's snowing in the winter don't carry Vera that might have to be thrown on the ground. Airport luggage loaders do NOT appreciate the Vera...I know it comes as a shock to many of us.

One soggy Vera duffle and a few hours later I made it to Baltimore where my BFF was waiting to wisk me away back home. For not having to travel much this semester I sure do get some of the most interesting travels.

Until next time,
xoxo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment