Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Longhorn State, for a hot sec

After a glorious few days with my work phone off and Gmail closed, I am back on the road headed to our Eta Theta chpater at Gustavus Aldolphus College in Saint Peter, Minnesota.

While yesterday was drizzly and freezing the Clemson vs. Wake game was awesome. We only stayed for the first half due to weather, but we were able to see Clemson take the game in just 2 quarters and spent the rest of the game getting lunch at a bar downtown. It amazes me how much school spirit I see after going to UNCW, land of the spiritless due to our lack of a football team.





I reluctantly woke up this morning and...put on tights under my dress. Luckily after checking the forecast, Minnesota shouldn't be too treacheruous this week. I still broke out my new yellow winter coat, complete with tightly fastened buttons thanks to my Mom!

The Dallas/Ft. Worth airport is full of many tanned Texans sorting cowboy hats...and many plasma TV's at each gate displaying Sunday fotball games and of course, the Cowboys. This airport is also adorned with Best Buy vending machines. You can quickly purchase all of your technology needs, including different types of iPods. How cool is that?! After settling for Subway I assed a food court and approximately five restaurants. Whatever it was fast and supposedy fresh.

God has been listening to my prayers and gave me a flight on yet another big (actually normal) plane. There was a first class, ample carry on luggage room and all! While I did have to sit next to a 5 month old on a plane for two hours it wasn't too terribly bad.

While searching for my gate at DFW I passed a bookstore and the first thing to catch my eye was Something Borrowed, a twin book to Something Blue. Started reading on the plane and am already half way there. It's pretty much just the same story but from the other friend's point of view, love it!

Arrived safely in Minneapolis and after a short drive we came to Gustavus Aldolpus. The college is gorgeous and sits on top of a hill so I've been warned of crazy wind. I am staying in this nice little guest house on campus. I have my own room & bathroom, and the house also has a kitchen and living room (with TV!) shared by all of the guests; all the guests for this week include: me, myself & I! It'll be nice to be able to spread some stuff out and not strictly be living from the big purple suitcase.



I will be here until Wednesday and then onto Winona University which isn't too far down the road. Time to get back to the daily grind: I'm actually kind of looking forward to opening my email...maybe ya'll should be concerned about me!

Until next time,
xoxo Anna

1 comment: