Thursday, October 1, 2009

Temperature is dropping as fast as my tan is fading

Tomorrow, Friday October 2, 2009 is no ordinary day my friends. Why you ask? Because I, Anna Todaro am going home to the great state of Maryland and will be back on the East Coast! For the first time since July 6 I am going to spend a whole two days not working...and I think I'm more excited than a small child at Christmas. I will be departing from Defiance, OH at 10am--taking off from Ft. Wayne, IN at 12:30pm--short layover in Cincinnati, OH (which I already know is a good airport, score!) and then finally landing and walking through the sweet terminals of BWI around 3:40pm. For the first time in this job I'll get to walk up to baggage claim already knowing the face I am looking for, and that they're someone that knows me and knows what face they're looking for as well. I'll never taking meeting friends & family at the airport for granted again in my life.

The rest of my visit in Defiance has been wonderful! The ladies here at Eta Iota have provided amazing hospitality and I've been grateful to spend the past two weeks here. I've really been able to get to know a majority of them and have had fun just hanging out, watching Glee & Grey's religiously, go for slushie runs and painting their Greek rock. Also--went to see that new Megan Fox flick, Jennifer's Body. One of those "so bad, it's good," films and I was cracking up as Fox's character constantly projectile vomited black prickly goo all over Amanda Seyfried. It was also totally worth it for the gorgeous Adam Brody, lead singer of his emo band. Siighhhh!

I will be very sad to leave Biggby coffee behind, but have been pleased to find out they have many locations in Michigan and Wiconsin and I'm hoping I'll run into some more during my visits this year. They have the most scrumptious chai tea latte's and just a general calming atmosphere. However, I will be glad to leave my creepy middle aged stalker man behind, whom I accidentally gave my business card to, fml. Long story short he was eaves dropping on my convo with the barista, then played 20 questions with me while I kept getting on my computer and even putting in my headphones to signal "peace buddy, time to do work." Creeper McGee sat there for another two hours drinking his coffee and watching Ellen. Then when I went again two days later, who is getting out of their car as I walk up to Biggby? Yep, Creeper himself. Went straight to a back corner of the shop and luckily had no run-ins!

This weekend I'll get to catch up with my best friends from home and best friend from school, as well as some favorite friends from my many journeys to Clemson. Excited to see my family and my kitty Max :) On Sunday I'll be making the Journey back to the Mabe's house in Woodstock and am also just as excited to be reunited with my consultant girls for a week and a half, it's going to be a blast!

Thank you so much to all of my friends a family who have been keeping me in their thoughts. I can't tell you all how happy it makes me to get all of the texts, phone calls, Facebook posts, etc. from friends everywhere from so many different parts of my life. While I do love this job, being on the road and constantly away from my friends and family that I thrive on, it really does get hard sometimes. And with the anticipation of going home this week it was that much harder, so thanks again!

And a big special shout out to my Epsilon Phi ladies--because ya'll rocked it out in recruitment!! I've heard so many great things, and stalked all of the pics, and the new girls (yea I feel like THAT creepy alum!) on Facebook and could not be more proud that you are my chapter :) Especially getting so many wishes, updates and hellos from all of you means so much to me. Wish I could come to the alumnae cookout in October, but unfortunately duty calls. I will be coming down to Wilmington Nov. 21-24 so get ready, and good luck with Rockathon coming up, can't wait to hear all about it!

So in the great words of Michael Buble:
"Another aeroplane another sunny place, I’m lucky I know, But I wanna go home, Mmmm I’ve got to go home..." I'M GOING HOME!!!

Until next time,
xoxo Anna

1 comment:

  1. Not sure if you've seen the new Glee preview!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkmkE6qiDM

    ReplyDelete