Thursday, March 25, 2010

Excuse me officer, where is Chipotle?

Ahh back in this lovely region of the country. You know I really don't mind the Midwest. I love how there's Culvers, Jimmy John's & Noodles everywhere. But I'm really just so beyond ready to be back on the East Coast.

Sorry I didn't end up writing in Detroit. I got some Einstein's and after finally nourishing myself that day sat my butt down and just played around online until my next flight. I really love the Detroit airport. If you ever get to go there make sure you take the underground walkway from the A terminal to the other terminals. There's some snazzy lights & music and it's just really cool. It makes layovers there totes worth it. Especially because they have Einstein's AND Starbucks.

Finally made it to Bloomington and I think it was the most exhausted I'd been in a while. As soon as I got in the car I knew it was going to be a great visit when the women immediately asked if we could go to Chipotle. Alpha Psi knows the way to my heart. However we got lost and after stopping on the side of the road to figure out where we were we saw the flashing blue lights come up behind. As soon as we told the cop what we were looking for he just replied with a cheery "follow me!" and we were on our way. We got a police escort to the front door of Chipotle, so helpful. Thank you Bloomington/Normal Police Department!

I've been having a great time here so far. The chapter has a great house and Eastern Illinois University has a sweet Greek court. I'm wayyyyy jealous of it! I have my own room in the house which is nice and it came stocked with my faves: Garden Salsa Sunchips, Tootsie Pops, Chewy granola bars & chips and salsa...breathtaking. So of course I've let my crap get spread out and out of control yet again. Whatevs!

Greek week here is in the end of April and there in crazy practice mode for Greek Sing, Airband (big dance comp), Pyramids and TUGS. Don't know what tugs is? Well my friend it is no ordinary tug-o-war competition. The women hold practices for two months. They spend a month and a half in the gym before they're even allowed to pick up the ropes. They have a chapter rope & cleats for practice. And they come home from practice with huge welts and rope burns all over themselves. They have coaches from the fraternity tugs teams. Pretty much they're insane--and I'm wildly intrigued and in love with it all.

I've sat in and watched practices all week and wish I could be here for the real events. I am excited though that I'll be here for their big philanthropy event this Saturday which is a dodgeball tournament that some of the fraternities participate in.

Interesting trivia, Tony Romo went here and was in Sigma Pi I think the women said? He came back for Homecoming this past year and went out Charleston, IL style.

Well I have mountains of work I need to catch up on. My inbox is a sick joke and I'd really like to have it clean by the time I got to bed tonight....high hopes ha!

Until next time,
xoxo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment