Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'd like a mimosa please, and why yes it is 10am

Today is a special day in the Carolinas. It's the sacred social event known as Carolina Cup and my heart is sinking that on this special day I am in Charleston, IL. I had such a blast at Carolina Cup last year, although I'll admit I think I only say one horse race, whoopsies...

Painting coolers all week for the Tau Kappa Epsilon men kept me and my sorority sisters busy and up late each night. After much trial and error we constructed master pieces out of piles of acrylic paint, and somehow, just somehow, I even managed to paint a perfect Guy Harvey marlin.


We got up at 4am after just a few hours of sleep, put on our best clothes and headed to Camden, SC for the races. I'll have to admit that the bus ride there was possibly one of my favorite parts of the trip. Especially our stop at "South of Border" as we entered SC on 95 so that we could grab snacks and take a bathroom break.

Tomorrow I will be leaving Eastern Illinois University and going back to Flint for my lat few weeks with my colony ladies for the semester. Of course I have a six hour layover tomorrow and so I'll make sure to update with details from the week here.

Happy Saturday Night!

Until Atlanta,
xoxo Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment